I'm Lily, a newly qualified junior doctor.
I may be new to doctoring, but I'm an old hack at blogging. For the past 3 years or so I've been blogging over at The Student Doctor Diaries, so if you're interested in catching up on my student years give it a read.
For those of you who aren't interested I'll sum it up life before being a doctor in a few sentences.
I joined a London medical school straight from finishing secondary school in 2005. I really enjoyed my time there and made friends I hope I'll have for life. Inbetween 2nd and 3rd year I intercalated. Research was possibly the most stressful and traumatic experience of my academic life. After that I was plunged into clinics not only in London but venturing out to DGHs all over the south-east. Before I knew what had hit me it was finals, and that chapter of my life came to an end. It's sad in a way, but it's also very exciting (and scary!!!) to be starting a new chapter as a doctor... finally!
It's hard to know what to say... so instead I'll do something I enjoy. Making a list. A list of stuff about me that you may not know.
1. I got an A in politics as an A-level. Yes, me understanding politics... almost unbelievable.
2. I had pet ferrets. I loved them.
3. I have a fear of belly buttons, its called omphalophobia.
4. I am nearly always hungry.
5. Boiled/fried/poached egg white makes me feel sick.
6. The closest I've got to camping in a tent was a festival for 2 nights.
7. I am addicted to twitter.
8. Sparkles is my favourite colour.
9. My fingers and toes are always cold.
10. I still have a special teddy bear, he's called Teddy C. People aren't allowed to touch him.
11. Curling up with a good book is one of my favourite things.
12. I can't wear socks in bed.