Thursday 10 November 2011

Accident Prone

People always laugh and joke that I'm a walking, clumsy, disaster zone. Granted I frequently walk into door frames and drop my iPhone on my face in bed, but next time someone says that to me I'm going to suggest that they spend a week on a paediatric ward.

Honestly, children seem to get themselves into all kinds of pickles.

Turn your back for 2 minutes and they will pour cups of hot tea over themselves, fall off balconies onto solid floors, trip down stairs, run into each other, fall off walls and impale themselves on bits of tree and that's without even starting on the accidental overdoses. Unfortunately for the medical profession calpol tastes amazing. Whats even more unfortunate is that "child proof" medicine bottles seem to be adult proof, but easy-pip for children to open. Disaster. I have seen kids who've drank or eaten paracetamol, antibiotics, hair dye (mmmm), immunosuppresants, morphine and all kinds of vitamins.

Luckily for all the children I've seen, they've been OK in the end, but I know that's not always the case.

I'm starting to think that if I marketed padded baby-cages and baby-helmets I'd not only have a thriving buisness but save the NHS a fortune.

Dr Sunshine xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment