Saturday 25 February 2012

The Long Snooze

Last night I slept for 14 hrs. I went for a little Disco-Nap at 8pm and woke up just after 10am. I must have really needed that sleep. It felt so good! Unfortunately it hasn't really made me any more productive than usual. I did however have a great dream that I had built an entire village of treehouses that myself and all my friends had moved into. It's an awesome idea.

I've mostly spent today bumming around waiting for a friend who may or may not come shopping with me today. I really want a second opinion when I'm buying some new glasses so I've been putting it off for months. I also have to get a new car this weekend... too much shopping pressure.

So much for making the most of my free time, but it feels so luxurious to be doing pretty much nothing after the week I have had. Next week is another week with 2 on calls so I'm guessing that I'll be having a similar massive snooze next Friday.

I had the surreal experience of spending a couple of hours yesterday at work with 6th formers who want to apply to medicine, 2 of whom were younger brothers of my school friends. It was great to see all of these 16-17 yr olds who were working hard and trying their best to get into medical school, but it was so hard to articulate the reality of being a doctor. On one hand I wanted to be honest and give them the negative sides, but I love my job so much that I couldn't help but enthuse over all the fantastic aspects as well. I definitely gave a biased-towards studying medicine outlook.

I did however feel like making them go and have a sniff of one of the wards I'm working on at the moment. It's a colorectal ward and it has the worst ventilation ever so it constantly stinks like a massive poo-bomb has exploded. It's so awful that I'm convinced I smell of poo when I get home.

Anyway I'm off to try and hunt down this friend who promised me a trip to the shops before they all close... perhaps I should look at buying myself some new perfume!

No comments:

Post a Comment