Monday 20 February 2012

Should Have Bought a Ford

My car is the laughing stock of all the other cars at work. This doesn't bother me too much as I don't measure my own worth by the car I drive. For me I just want something with 4 wheels that starts in the morning and gets me to and from work.

Apparently now even this is too much to ask.

I drive a 9 yr old Rover 25.

The seals on the doors let water in.

The light behind the dashboard doesn't work.

The windows aren't electric.

The boot doesn't shut properly.

The exhaust fell off once.

There is no heating.

In fact this morning the inside of my car was so cold I had to scrape the ice off the inside of the windscreen. My hands then went completely numb during the drive in and the thermometer inside the car read -1.

All this aside as long as it got me to and from work I didn't really care.

Today it died. It died on a large roundabout, in the middle of said large roundabout. The mechanic isn't sure if it can be resurrected. I have a 15 mile drive either way to and from work each day. Erp.

I bet this wouldn't have happened if I'd got a Ford.

Dr Sunshine xXx

2 comments:

  1. treat yourself to a mini and trust me it happens with ford mines only 6yrs old a so called luxury convertible but still leaking water

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope some kind motorist came to your rescue on the roundabout!

    ReplyDelete