Tuesday 5 July 2011

It's Cooking Time

Finally, after 2 weeks of mucking about, my cooker has been fitted!

I gave up with Curry's in the end. Their fitter came out yesterday, looked at the box the original fitter had said just needed screws, and said it needed a whole new terminal box so he couldn't fit it. I had a little temper tantrum and then decided to call a real electrician.

The real electrician was hot. I realise this has little impact on whether or not he can do his job properly, but it certainly made my day a little better. Lucky for me he wasn't just a pretty face (...and really nice arms), but he could also wire in an oven. He took one look at the terminal box and agreed that it just needed screws, then 20 mins later he'd fitted the entire oven. Hurrah! I was so happy I could have hugged him, but I held back and just handed over my credit card, which I'm sure he appreciated more than a cuddle.

The rest of the afternoon was spent cooking dinner and baking cookies in anticipation for the man coming over for dinner. He turned up with a bottle of Champagne, adding to my feeling of being spoiled rotten since graduation. We had a chill out in front of the TV and I even managed to get a relatively early night. In fact paired with my lie-in and the nap I had later on today I've probably had a weeks worth of sleep. Bliss.

Really need to get my act together and tidy the flat and pack for my couple of days in Paris with Papa-Sunshine. I really hope the weather is nice as I only have summer dresses.

Dr Sunshine xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment