Wednesday 20 July 2011

Nerves

The work nightmares have started. Only 5 sleeps until the first morning of induction, 4 sleeps until I meet all my colleagues at the hospital accommodation.

The hospital I'm working for is being really lovely. We all get free accommodation for shadowing/induction week and they've organised a whole program of nights out as well as our induction and shadowing during the days. This organisation definitely seems like a sign of good things to come.

Tomorrow I have even more paperworky bits to do. I have to scan in lots of important documents and fill out another form about something to do with ID cards, that I'm sure I've already filled. I'll get there on Monday and they'll have about 17 ID cards for me at this rate.

The whole nervousness about starting work has been made so much more real now that I not only have my rota, but I also have my ePortfolio log in details. I don't know why I was so scared when I first opened the file that contained my rota for the next 4 months. It's an unbanded job, I knew I wouldn't have to do weekends, nights, lates or long days... it was such a relief to have that in writing. Don't think my bank manager will be as pleased about it as I am though.

Do any doctors have any advice for my first week? Any must-have useful things I should take with me, or things I shouldn't forget?!

Dr Sunshine xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment