Monday 11 July 2011

Paris


I'm back!

I'm glad to tell you that I had a fabulous time while in Paris with PapaSunshine.

We set off on Thursday morning and hopped on the Eurostar, which put us in Paris just in time for some lunch. Our hotel was on the Grandes Boulevards, which seems to be where I always stay. PapaSunshine likes to joke that I must think that Paris is just one street. We spent Thursday afternoon chilling out and making the most of being able to have a good old chat. In the evening we met up with my Uncle, Aunt and Cousin for dinner. We went to what is quite a famous restaurant, but unfortunately the food was a little pants. On the plus side the wine and company were excellent enough to make up for it. Highlight of the evening had to be PapaSunshine secretly ordering me macarons (my favourite!!) for dessert while I'd vanished off to the loo. Pretty scrummy.

Friday was our "do everything" day. I'm lucky enough to have been to Paris many times, so this time I wanted to see things I hadn't seen before. We got up early. Trekked to Versailles. Neither PapaSunshine nor I had ever been before. It was lovely, but by lunchtime was really busy so we hopped back on the train. A DOUBLE DECKER train! This excited me far too much to be a normal reaction. In the afternoon we visited the tomb of Napoleon, which was pretty tourist-free surprisingly. Definitely worth going to see, and it surprised me that it was so quiet there.

In the evening we went to the ballet at the Palais Garnier. The Palais Garnier is the old opera house, and is where Phantom of the Opera was based. I've toured the inside before and it is breathtaking. One of those buildings you have to see to believe. We went to see a ballet based on the old film Les Enfants du Paradis. I almost died when PapaSunshine led me to our seats which were in the middle of the front row! The ballet was  beautiful, and one of the female lead dancers was an exceptionally fantastic dancer. I was mesmorised the entire time. A perfect evening was topped off with a steak and chips and a quiet drink before bed.

Saturday was spent handbag shopping and grabbing a last leisurely meal before hopping back on the Eurostar. I needed the whole of Sunday to recover from the trip, we certainly made the most of our time.

Just to gross people out one thing that was bad about Paris was the bug-bite I got. In the space of 24 hours it became huge, turned my leg red, sore and swollen and was oozing gunk. This was it 3 days later...


I just hope that like Spiderman I will now have superpowers.

Dr Sunshine xXx

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you enjoyed your time, and yes that bite was disgusting, put me off my dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, being a doctor now you knew how to deal with the bite. So glad that you had a great time with Papa Sunshine. We must try to meet again before you start work.

    ReplyDelete